Opening a Bank Account
Making the best financial choices can be difficult.
To help with the process, the Government of Canada created the Financial Consumer Agency of Canada. To access their website, click here.
Also, find more information on our Banking & Financial Institutions page.
Here are some of their resources - to access, click on the links below.
- Information on banking
- Budgeting and money management
- Credit cards
- Credit and loans
- Saving and investments
Tools and Calculators:
- Credit card selector tool: Don't know which credit card to choose? Use this tool.
- Credit card payment calculator: How long will it take you to pay off your credit card?
- Mortgage qualifier tool: Can you afford a mortgage?
- Mortgage calculator: Which mortgage is right for you?
- Budget calculator: Do you have a realistic budget? Find out with this tool.
- Banking package selector tool: Which chequing account is right for you?
- Savings account selector tool: Which savings account is right for you?