Trades, Tickets & Certifications
Common tickets and certifications:
Working in the Fort St. John region may require certain tickets and certifications depending on the type of work or industry you are considering employment in. The most common tickets required for work in the oil and gas industry, one of the largest employers in the region, include:
- H2S Safety
- Standard First Aid or First Aid Level 1, 2 and 3
- WHMIS - Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System
- Fall Protection
- TDG - Transporation of Dangerous Goods
- Serving it Right
Training Providers and Facilities:
A number of training facilities can be found in the city, including:
FREE Beginning Trades Training for Immigrants!
UA Piping Industry of British Columbia is currently offering beginning level trades training to Immigrants:
- Free 6-week exploratory course - plumbing, sprinklerfitting, steamfitting and welding; and is designed for individuals without a lot of experience, unclear on which trade to pursue and an interest in working in this field.
18 week course covers level one plumbing, sprinklerfitting and steamfitting and is designed for non-sponsored individuals wishing to attain a career in the piping trades. Part way through this course students must decide which trade to specialise in.
• Free tuition
• Day care subsidies
• Lunch provided
• Transportation allowance
• Safety boots
• Coveralls provided
• Gym membership on a monthly basis and
• Math tutoring